Saturday, May 31, 2008

Nostalgia


This photo is here just because it reminds me of one of my favorite apartments back when I lived by myself. It, too, was pink. One previous residen, a friend of mine, had painted it all pink. This pink. Bright pink. All of it.

The bathroom was kind of cool -- although it was pink, it also had a bunch of "Mr. Lucky" cats stenciled on the walls.

The tenant who lived there after the pink painter and before me got all obsessive and painted over all the pink, painting around the Mr. Luckys -- so I got to have a nice white and green bathroom, with black kitty cats.


4 comments:

Janice said...

Wow, this place looks huge. But a fixer-upper for more than half a mil. And Oakland? Do you hear a lot of good things about Oakland? Oh, wait, I"m thinking of Oakland CA.

Hmm, they dropped the price $60k. That's probably not about the pink though. Maybe they'll drop it more when they read your blog and realized how much worse the pink is without the Lucky Cats.

Sara said...

It's interesting that you said that -- I had a conversation with a friend about whether "Oakland" could stand on its own, or if I should write "Oakland Calif."

I guess I'll be changing the labels.

Anyway, we're not thinking of moving to California. I just am addicted to real estate listings.

thordora said...

I rented a room in a house with a bathroom like that...pink tiles on the walls, on the floor, the sinks, toilet and tub were pink...NOT the place for a hangover...

Leaning Shanty Farm said...

My upstairs bathroom is currently full of cream and gold tiles with LARGE GOLD SWANS!!! WHAT??? WHY???