Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Aaaachooo!


Connect the dots, la la la la, connect the dots...

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

eeeeww!

Anonymous said...

Would someone enlighten me? I mean, how does a house this nice end up in this condition? A flood? I understand water damage, but this is just, just, just.... WHAT?

Anonymous said...

I am allergic to mold and just sneezed as a read this post! :O

drjim said...

What on EARTH could cause that to happen?
A really bad roof?

ar_kay_tee said...

Well, nothing pulls in a buyer like the statement "biological hazard".

Angel said...

Is that house sitting over top of a secret underground lake? I can't even begin to imagine what would cause that kind of moisture/mold damage. Cripes!

Diagnose Rachel said...

as parents of 4 young kids,
my husband and I are debating what that is on the wall, and the conversations around it.
Was it an exploding soda, then molded, then the parents were in a stand off on the clean up of the mess?
you do it, no, you do it!
I work all day!
I work all day AND all night!
You do it it!
You complained first, you do it!
You wanted this house so bad, you do it!

hahahaha!!!
Thanks so much for a great laugh for two tired parents :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a pipe burst while the owners were away for an extended period of time.

This listing gives you something to think about when you go on your next long vacation.

Rica said...

That is GROSS. It looks like a bloody beehive

Charlene said...

anon@8:26, I'm guessing it's either a roof or outside wall problem OR the house was once home to a marijuana grow op. My bets are on the latter.

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

This picture makes me itchy.

Alissa said...

Is that something that could ever be fixed? It seems like you would have to tear down the house and start from scratch.

Amy said...

who knew mold could be that creative?

Land of shimp said...

Oh good grief! Who in their right mind, or even being functionally insane would pay 280k for a house that is declared a biological hazard?

I'm particularly amused that there was a recent price change, so it was initially listed at a higher price. Gee, I wonder why it didn't go flying off the market? The mold patter practically spells out, "Save yourselves! Run away now!"

Honestly, fix it and then sell it. Or raze it as a public service. Eek.

mudslicker said...

Nothing that a can of Ronson and a match can't fix!

"Oh drat, to give it that textural and natural look, I only wanted the mold on the wainscoting. It's fussy and way over done now."

dissimilitude said...

It's only three years old. It seems like if the water damage was due to a structural problem that's got to be the fault of the builder.

Hey, for less than 300k you can have your own Superfund site! I almost feel bad for the real estate agent, though. I wouldn't want to go in to show it or take the photos without a respirator.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

There is one solution:

FIRE. A big, big, fire.

knitorpurl said...

Or it could be a foreclosure where the owners left the water running in that Master bathroom on the upper level. I've heard of people doing this out of bitterness.

However it happened it is just sad.

dissimilitude said...

Knitorpurl, it occurred to me that if the house was on the market and vacant, somebody might have broken in and done something similar for kicks.

dangermike said...

I absolutely love the copy in the listing:

"Fixer. Lots of water damage. Mold all over. Biological Hazard. Sold as- is. No warrenty of any kind."

I'll give them a few points for honesty. But I'll take them back off for spelling and grammar. Interestingly, the no-deductions final score asserts them a powerful standing solidly in the upper quartile of what I've seen.

jendajen said...

Wow. I actually know exactly where this house is (a friend had a house built less than a mile away recently), it is not on a flood plain, it's on a fairly large hill. There are water retention ponds all around. This looks like maybe someone did this on purpose. The homeowners insurance should have paid for repairs if it was a roof problem or burst pipes.

Miss Heather said...

Watch out for that Chinese drywall.

SoSwiftly said...

pee-wee's playhouse...weeee! (oh, there's a moldy house, too?)

John F. said...

Hmm, I can guess how that happened.
1) Cheap, toxic Chinese drywall.
2) Cheap water valve that broke loose in the night or while they were away.
3) Mold, mold, mold, due to being closed up for several days or months.

OR
They didn't line the ground under the slab. The ground was wet, the damp got into the house.
Weee! Performance art!

Roidy