Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The class war will be waged in real estate listings

 

I'm sorry, but I just can't take urban angst seriously when it's right by a beautiful, sunny beach. But Brooklyn! Ooooh, we've got some real rebels here:


Yes, this is very punk and all, but it looks like someone painted it on the inside of their own bedroom door. Is it directed at his (I presume, boooo me) roommates? Does he think that they're all yuppie scum, and thinks mean thoughts about them when he's in his room? Or does it actually say "Die yummie scum," because he's planning on eating them? What kind of scum, anyway? Could this all be fixed with a bottle of Soft Scrub?

(Found by Merridy [Sydney] and Katryn [NYC]. Arrows scrawled in by me, not the real esatate agents, nuh doisey.)

7 comments:

Alissa Grosso said...

I thought it said "yummie scum" at first too. Perhaps this is the work of an angry child who is poor at spelling. I remember being unhappy about moving once when I was a kid and drawing (in pencil) a mad monster face on the wall.

Glory von Hathor said...

I also thought it was yummie, and wondered if it was someone in a building full of 'yummy mummies' who had grown tired of tyranny of their Cath Kidston aprons and impeccable hair, and perfect figures the day after giving birth, and toddlers who speak french and ability to wear posh clothes and not be covered in baby sick.

They make me feel inadequate and I don't even have children.

mudslicker said...

Okay..is that some sort of taxi-derm-ied furry animal on top of the cabinets in the kitchen (i'm not even commenting on the goose), or does this place come with its own chupacabra?

I keep seeing "Xmie Scum" and figure it's some version of Skater lingo. *snicker*

Glory: you crack me up and scare me at the same time.

Austen said...

Well, I thought the first one said "Fun Time Police" at first, which I guess would probably be the best type of police...or possibly the worst?

Maddy said...

If it says 'yuppie scum' then it's a reference to American Psycho.

toby said...

I think probably whoever wrote on the wall outside was angry because they were on the wrong side of the wall, thereby cut off from the sunny beach. So near, and yet so far...

Anonymous said...

It's the Bra Boys who do this. They're a gang from an area about 500m south of where this listing is and they're bad news.

This is also the building the police stormed and siezed a stockpiled of molotov cocktails and weapons the Bra Boys used in the Cronulla Riots.