Q: What is the purpose of the open-fronted sinks?
Leave your answer in a comment. The author of my favorite answer will receive a copy of or James Lileks's Interior Desecrations: Hideous Homes from the Horrible '70s (winner's choice).
- Although I am curious about the real use of these sinks, I suspect that my favorite answer will not necessarily be the most truthful one.
- If I can't decide which one is best, I'm going to let some random person in my family decide.
- You've got... oh... let's say... a week. So only comments made before late afternoon (Pacific time) of Saturday, December 13th count.
- I have to hand-approve all comments on this blog because of idiot SEO spammers, so don't worry if your thoughtful entry doesn't show up right away.
- If the winner lives somewhere that make it very expensive for me to ship a book to them... um... they might just win the satisfaction of a job well done.
- This is being done by me, just me, and not any advertisers or companies or rogue states intent on (cue: patriotic music) taking over our beloved democracy through blogs.
- Make sure you leave some way for me to contact you if you win. If you're posting with your Blogger or Google username, that's enough; otherwise you should leave your e-mail address (feel free to munge it).
Update: the contest is closed! And the winner -- picked by a random family member, because I couldn't make up my mind -- is... Garrett Albright! Congratulations, Garrett Albright! Come on down!