Thursday, July 3, 2008

Winchester Split-Level of Mystery


It's a very narrow hallway leading to a very little door that's three feet off the ground. Perhaps I will move here, and make my kids sleep in the very little room when they're bad. Or maybe I'll store very little things here. Like cookies.

(See! I end on a cheerful note! So my tasteless joke is okay! And my kids never read this anyway... as far as I know. Maybe they do have wifi up in the attic. And yes, I know it's not really a split level. I don't care. Pfffft!)

7 comments:

Janice said...

That is spooooky! Does that door lead to whatever is the reason for the bump-out visible in a couple of the exterior pictures?? It's just big enough for a body...

Or maybe they're trying to be ready for the next time the good people of the world need to hide people, like the Underground Railroad, Anne Frank, etc...

Cookie pantry! I'll end on a happy note too.

ipa said...

Ohhh - that reminds me. When Mr. Indi was a little boy, his parents had a fireplace with a built in log box. They used to stuff him in it. AND, the wierd part - he used to like it!

jeff n. said...

Hey, I have one of those mystery doors! I keep my hot-water pipes there usually, except when I have to take them to air out.

Jen said...

It looks to me like the bottom opening is a laundry shoot and the top is most likely a fuse panel or something?? Does that make sense?

The Honorable Mayor of Bethville said...

And this tiny door leads into the mind, not of John Malkovich, but actor Bruce Dern.

Anonymous said...

That little door definitly leads into a secret room full of cobwebs, a roll-top desk, lots of ancient books, and yellowed paper.

Galadriel said...

Oooh, a very narrow hallway leading to a very narrow door...It's the Chocolate Factory! Where's Willy Wonka?