Shhh. Shhhh. It's us, the mold spores. We're sneaking into the room. Shhhh don't tell anyone we're here shhhhhh Jo found us shhhhh
I especially like the fire burning in the fireplace to create that homey atmosphere.People with health issues should seek medical advice before viewing the property. Nice!
Oh my god, that is horrifying.
It's such a snip at £550,000.00(at today's exchange rate, that's $972,892.98. Do you think the valuation done was per spore ....?)
"...some prospective purchasers may wish to investigate the possibility of demolition..."You think?
absolutely beautiful large property, but they should really charge less for it, considering the condition of the house.
OMG this actually made me open my mouth, gasp a little and bring my laptop VERY close to my face, all in a matter of a second. it was very un-involuntary! <---[is that a word?] it makes me think of a horror movie!!!
Was this house in a small fishing village in New England? Maybe it would appeal to feverish students with an unhealthy and worrying interest in Non-Euclidian geometry and rural folklore.Does the listing have "Black Book of Yog-Sothoth not provided" in it?
why is this even saleable. my jaw dropped what I saw that. How does one let that happen exactally??
I think I developed lung disease just from viewing that picture...
Trying to remember which horror movie this was the set of.. was it the grudge or was it Saw?
Lindsay, it is in a small fishing village...in Old England.Does that count?(And yes, I'm evading work.)
it's the creature from the black lagoon!
I think I may have barfed a little.
if this is "country living" I'm moving into the biggest city I can find... of course, I tend to avoid anyplace that comes with its own health and safety warning.I would be shocked, except I'm still recovering from the flooded basement a few weeks back.
such a shame ... if only they'd have let the rainwater flow into the yard rather than the sub-basementdetails, details ...
The Curse of the Double Glazing!!You seal up your house, and when the water table mysteriously rises (I blame the polar bears!), the lack of ventilation causes mold! Magic!!If I could, I would salvage as much as possible, even the double glazed windows, and rebuild the house with the same "interesting" shape! Because I'm weird!
It has a cloak room!!!! How exciting! The cloak room was where we kids were sent when we were bad way back in my Catholic school days in the 50's. Ah the memories, smelly wet boots and bologna sandwiches. (Yes, in addition to students, coats, hats wet mittens and boots, lunches were stored there as well.) I may need to buy this to relive those wonderful, (oops. I mean "horrible") days.
Wow. That's easily one of the most horrifying things I've ever seen in my LIFE.
And as a realtor you would want this listing why?
This is my favorite part of the listing description:Health and Safety Notice: Prospective purchasers are made aware that a significant part of the grounds are overgrown and the interior is in poor condition. Therefore extra care should be taken when viewing.'It really makes me want to go look at the place! Eekk!
Having experienced mold in a former residence firsthand (though not this bad), this is by far the most disturbing picture I've seen on this blog. Worse than the teakettle one, even. Wow.Love the Carl Sandburg reference, by the way! Keep it up!
i thought we had bad mold in my house when we first moved in, but holy goodness. how does this happen??
I kinda want to vomit now!
In the UK, when you see 'cloakroom' in a property listing, it means that the house has a downstairs toilet. . . . . it's not a cloakroom like in a school where kids leave their outdoor shoes, damp coats and lunchboxes - although that's called a cloakroom too. Oh, it's so stupidly confusing!A part of me wants to defend this property (even though I sent it in) because the village it's in is beautiful and very traditional English and . . .well, I'd like to live there! Not in *that* house (although I do quite like art deco) but . . . . sigh.
Wow. I love the idea that the pictures of the view will somehow sell the place."The property itself is in need of complete renovation and some prospective purchasers may wish to investigate the possibility of demolition and re-build."There's our British gift for understatement shining through"Health and Safety Notice: Prospective purchasers are made aware that a significant part of the grounds are overgrown and the interior is in poor condition. Therefore extra care should be taken when viewing."Spoil sports!It looks like something out of Doctor Who!
Oh tsk, a good dose of bleach and some elbow grease and all will be well, until the creeping mould throttles you all in your beds, mwhahahahaha.
@ Charlene - That is word for word what I was going to comment.Too funny!
Well of course there's mold. That's what happens when you have a room under a swimming pool.
Post a Comment
You could follow It's Lovely! on Twitter: