Sunday, May 17, 2009

We don't need no water...


No, wait, actually we do.

14 comments:

Jodi said...

At least the fire was kept safely indoors by the iron bars on the window.

Pale Reflection said...

Looks like an owner's worst nightmare, a fire inside a burglar-proofed house (aka fire trap)

Melissa ~ Wife to 1, Mom to 5 said...

It's too dangerous to roast marshmallows outside, let's just do it here in the safe, cozy living room. Pass the s'mores!

drjim said...

$110,000 for that dump in that 'hood?
Duhhh......some people must think the bubble is still going on....

Anonymous said...

drjim, look at the sale history on the property, it's top price was 334k in 2005. I know poor California is going through hell with the real estate market but it is really hard to feel much sympathy for their plight. Even in pristine condition, that poor little hovel never should have cost anywhere near that much. Artificially inflating property values that much was bound to bite everyone in the butt.

drjim said...

Oh, I agree the pricing was nuts out here for quite a while. I still find it hard to believe that banks were loaning 10~11 times your earnings on a mortgage. I was looking before things got too nuts, and banks were MORE than willing to loan me 5X my earnings based on my savings, income, and credit score.
Just totally NUTS!

bikergeek said...

From the scorch marks, I'm guessing those are electrical outlets in the baseboards, and that that's where the fire started.

Wouldn't touch that place without a good going-over by an electrician to make sure the rest of the wiring in the house was safe.

Angel said...

Couldn't they have moved the garbage cans out front before taking the photo? Really?

Just A Midwife said...

My favorite thing is that under "Heating and Cooling", it says "Other Heating...see remarks." Obviously, this house spontaneously heats...scorch marks are just a normal side effects.

Anonymous said...

Did John F. Long design that front door?

Anonymous said...

Did John F. Long design the front door?

Scott said...

Just three photos? The first is the front, the second is also the front from a slightly different angle, and the third is fire damage. They didn't even bother removing the flyers from the front door that say "no one lives here". Do agents just have so many houses these days that they can't spend a few minutes to take decent photos?

drjim said...

Scott, I think the problem is twofold:
First, not many of them are any good at creating a decent listing, and second, they have TOO MANY houses on the market right now. I think they're doing a crummy job on the cheap, junky, trashed ones because they know the only value in them is for the property.

Anonymous said...

Who ever lived here was obviously very lucky to have caught that fire in time!! Those are two electrical outlets below the window, where this electrical fire started...and then proceeded to burn up the curtains. A few more minutes and the curtains would have created enough heat to ignite the rafters on the otherside of the ceiling sheetrock...and then...well, enough said. LUCKY.